It’s a steak…no…its broccoli…no…It’s Super Foods to the rescue!
Have you ever thought just how incredible food is? Yes, in a way, it has SUPER POWERS! It provides us with everything we need to sustain life. If we choose wisely, we can feed our body everything it needs to support good health as well as healing from disease. As it is with just about everything in life, moderation is best and not all foods were created equally. Today, we are talking about super foods. Those foods that heal, that reduce toxicity in our bodies and inflammation; food that is nutrient rich. Today we are talking about foods like
- Sweet Potatoes
- Tumeric…yes, even spices are super foods.
- Nuts: Nuts are full of Omega 3 Fatty Acids. A good fat that protects our heart and arteries. They also contain Vitamin E, Fiber and L-Arginine.
- Vegetables: Some vegetables are better choices than others. Take for instance, broccoli. Broccoli is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, B complexes just to name a few. All these rich nutrients protect against diseases like Diabetes, heart disease and some cancers.
- Berries: Berries are an awesome choice for naturally protecting your cells from damage. They can also protect against mental decline as we age. Berries are nicely balanced between fiber and sugar…the sugar that occurs naturally. This makes for a healthy, sweet treat and may actually help with your weight loss goals
- Spices: Some spices have so many health benefits. Tumeric, Garlic, Cumin all have amazing sources of nutrients that can help with inflammation. Perfect choice if you suffer from arthritis.