Insider’s guide to Ice and Heat
When to ice and when to heat…one of life’s little mysteries! Not anymore! We are going to set the record straight here and now. When to use Ice for injuries:
- Use for acute injuries
- Helps with swelling
- Controls inflammation
- Good for sprains or overuse injuries
- Apply as soon after the injury as possible
- Use for only 20 minutes…no more.
- Use for chronic conditions such as arthritis
- Helps to loosen tissue and muscles
- Increases blood flow
- Use heat before participating in activity, not after
- Good for muscles strains
- Only apply for 20 minutes…no more.