The Biggest Exercise Blunder!
If you spend any time on the internet or watching TV, you know that exercise is big! There is no shortage of people telling you how to exercise, when to exercise, what to do when you exercise…the list is endless. Idaho Hand Institute is about to make exercise really simple and let you in on the number one exercise blunder!! Are you ready? The biggest exercise blunder people make when it comes to exercise is thinking that they have to sell their firstborn or an arm and a leg to get a gym membership (let’s not forget the cute workout clothes you have to buy as well) or, spend 10 minutes in a downward dog…wait…a downward what?? We are telling you forget it!! Don’t make exercise such an ordeal! Make it simple, keep it simple! Think of it as a hobby. Build it in to the busy, active things you are already doing. And don’t forget, just 30 minutes of exercise a day is all it takes to significantly lower your risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, even depression! It’s totally worth it! Here are just a few ideas to make exercise fun!
- Spend 30 minutes playing tag or hide and go seek with the kids
- Walk up and down the sidelines as you watch your child’s flag football game
- Lift weights…or groceries, or kids! No groceries or kids! You can lift a small set of free weights or even a couple cans of soup or water bottles.
- During commercials while you chill in the evening, use resistance bands to strengthen your muscles or better yet, get that heart pumping with a few jumping jacks
- Jump rope with the kids
- Wash the car
- Vacuum the floors
- Plant a garden, weed a garden, dig up a garden…anything in the garden!
- Take your spouse or date out for a night of dancing! Try something new!